Giganet patch panel 24 ports
The Giganet GN-C6-PP-24 Category 6 UTP 19-inch 24 Port Patch Panel is a network equipment component designed to organize and manage Ethernet connections in structured cabling systems. It serves as a central hub for terminating and connecting Category 6 (CAT6) unshielded twisted pair (UTP) Ethernet cables. Below is a description of this patch panel:
- Port Capacity: This patch panel features 24 ports, providing the capability to terminate and manage up to 24 individual CAT6 UTP Ethernet cables. The 24-port configuration is suitable for various networking applications and environments.
- CAT6 Compatibility: The patch panel complies with the CAT6 (Category 6) standard, which is designed to support high-speed data transmission and is well-suited for Gigabit Ethernet and other high-bandwidth networking applications. CAT6 cabling ensures reliable network performance.
- U/UTP Design: The “U/UTP” designation indicates that the patch panel is intended for use with unshielded twisted pair Ethernet cables. U/UTP cables are commonly used in environments with low levels of electromagnetic interference (EMI).
- 19-Inch Rack-Mountable: Designed to be mounted in a standard 19-inch equipment rack or enclosure, which is the industry standard for data center and network cabinet installations.
- Moderate Port Density: With 24 ports in a 1U (1 rack unit) form factor, this patch panel offers a moderate cable management solution. It’s suitable for small to medium-sized network setups.
- Color Coding: Typically, the ports on the patch panel are color-coded for easy identification and organization of Ethernet connections. This simplifies cable management and troubleshooting.
- T568A/T568B Wiring: The patch panel generally supports both T568A and T568B wiring schemes, allowing flexibility in cable termination to accommodate different network standards or preferences.
- IDC (Insulation Displacement Connector) Terminations: The patch panel typically utilizes IDC terminations, which enable tool-less and secure cable terminations. IDCs provide a reliable connection without the need for soldering or crimping.
- Cable Management: Many patch panels include cable management features such as cable tie-down points, routing guides, and labels. These features help ensure that cables are neatly organized and secured within the panel.
- Durable Construction: Patch panels are typically constructed from high-quality materials to ensure long-term durability and reliable performance in networking environments.
- Application: The Giganet GN-C6-PP-24 Category 6 UTP 19-inch 24 Port Patch Panel is suitable for various networking environments, including data centers, server rooms, telecommunications rooms, and commercial or industrial networking setups.
Proper planning, labeling, and cable organization are essential when installing a patch panel to ensure efficient network management and troubleshooting. A well-organized and properly terminated structured cabling system contributes to a reliable and efficient network infrastructure.